CARD is a board-led, non-profit organization registered in Ethiopia under the revised Civil Societies Law 1113/2019 with registry number 4307. CARD envisions to see a democratic Ethiopia and has a mission of echoing principles of democracy to make it the rule of the game in the country.
CARD, under its Digital Rights and Media Literacy Program, has been engaged in different activities that promote media freedom, online freedom, media literacy, and the safety & professionalism of journalists. In continuation of these activities, CARD is launching a year-long campaign against internet shutdown to create awareness on the prevention of internet shutdown and promote access to information. To this end, CARD will conduct research on the impact of the internet shutdown on businesses and tech startups in Ethiopia.
Therefore, CARD is looking for a consultant to conduct research.
- The major activities expected from the consultant for the research are
- To study the impact of internet shutdown on online businesses in Ethiopia
- To study the impact of internet shutdown on tech startups in Ethiopia
Essentials and desirable experiences
- The consultants must have the requisite academic qualifications, preferably equivalent research experience.
- Previously proven work experience in digital rights.
- Strong analytical skills, nuanced understanding of contemporary socio political context, and positive engagement skills.
- Previously published researchs, articles and reports on digital rights issues in the context of Ethiopia.
Interested individuals are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Previous publications
Letter of motivation (why the applicant wants to apply for this specific call)
Potential individuals are requested to submit all the necessary documents via firstname.lastname@example.org until Friday, March 25th, 2022 from the date of this announcement.