Center for Advancement of Rights and Democracy (CARD) is a board-led, for-not-profit organization registered in Ethiopia under the Civil Societies Law 1113/2019 with registry number 4307. CARD acquired its legal personality on 24 July 2019.
CARD aspires to see Ethiopia where democratic culture flourished on human rights values and has been working with a mission to empower citizens and groups of citizens to ensure their ability to promote and defend human rights and build democratic governance in Ethiopia.
As its program is expanding, CARD is looking to hire a strong Senior Project Officer to help the Center effectively implement its project activities.
The role of the Senior Project Officer is to ensure high-quality project activity implementation and documentation of CARD’s activities and projects by closely working with partners, target groups, program officers, and the program manager of the Center. The position reports to CARD’s Program Manager.
- Oversee the overall project activities of CARD and ensure that project outcome and goals are reached.
- Coordinate projects focusing on civic engagement, freedom of expression, and youth and women empowerment.
- Responsible for timely and quality project activities implementation, documentation, and reporting in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Prepare terms of reference for project activities and other tasks assigned
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly action plans and reports
- Prepare project plans and budget requirements for various activities of CARD when needed
- Work in coordination with other CARD project staff members engaged in other project activities
- Engage in documentation and support efforts on building visibility of CARD’s work
- Follow up on the implementation of specific and detailed plans and quick-win activities as planned by CARD projects
- Facilitate high-quality consultation meetings, conferences, and panel discussions
- Design concept notes, contribute to project ideas, and support the development of project proposals
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in any social science fields
- Minimum of four years of experience as a project officer responsible for implementation as well as the design of projects
- Commitment to human rights principles and values
- Team player and ready to adapt and learn
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit and project settings
- Well-versed in writing and speaking of Amharic and English language, an additional proficiency in the local language is a plus
How to Apply
Please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org by;
- Attaching CV and cover letter (Please do not attach academic and work credentials- successful candidates will be asked to submit later on)
- On the subject, please write the position you are applying for
- On your cover letter, please clearly state your work experience as well as your interest in working on rights issues
- The ability to follow instructions is one of shortlisting criteria, please follow the instruction above, only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Note – CARD is a rights-based organization that works on rights and democracy, applicants with an interest to contribute to the betterment of rights in Ethiopia are highly encouraged to apply.