CARD is a board-led, for a not-profit organization registered in Ethiopia under the revised Civil Societies Law 1113/2019 with registry number 4307. CARD envisions to see a democratic Ethiopia and has a mission of echoing principles of democracy to make it the rule of the game in the country.
CARD, jointly under its Youth and Women Empowerment and Civic Engagement programs, is facilitating a platform to empower women’s rights defenders in Ethiopia. The project aims to raise the skills and understanding of individual women rights defenders to effectively respond against the weaponization of gender-based violence in conflicts in Ethiopia. Through this project, CARD has planned to provide capacity-building training for individual women’s rights defenders on social media and beyond. This project is composed of a series of training components. One of the components is ‘Gender rights and mitigation of gender-based violence’.
For this purpose, CARD is looking for an individual consultant to develop a training manual for ‘gender rights and mitigation of gender-based violence’.
The purpose of the consultancy service is to have a full-fledged training manual. In addition, we would like a one-day training to be given by the person that developed the manual.
The major activities expected from the consultant comprises of:
- Develop a full-day training manual on ‘gender rights and mitigation of gender based violence’.
- Give a full-day training for WHRDs on the week days of first week of May.
- Develop brief report after the training
4. Essentials and desirable experiences
- The consultant must have requisite academic qualification, preferably LLM in human rights, gender studies or equivalent experience.
- The consultant shall at least have 3 years of teaching and/or training experience in human rights and/or gender.
- Previously proven work experience to a similar assignment
- Strong analytical skills, nuanced understanding of contemporary context, and positive engagement skills
Interested individuals are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
Potential individuals are requested to submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org before 22 March 2022.