CARD is a board-led, for non-profit organization registered in Ethiopia under the revised Civil Societies Law 1113/2019 with registry number 4307. CARD envisions a democratic Ethiopia and has a mission of echoing principles of democracy to make it the rule of the game in the country.
Digital Literacy and Digital rights are CARD’s program that attempts to improve the digital literacy of CARD’s target groups and citizens. CARD has been engaging with human rights activists, online content creators, and journalists to combat misinformation and hate speech on social media and ensure their online safety. We’ve held a number of training sessions with journalists and human rights activists on how to preserve their internet reputations. Using the hashtags #KeepItOn and #KeepItSafe, CARD has been campaigning to prevent internet shutdown.
To improve the safety of human rights groups and media houses, CARD is looking for a digital safety trainer and junior organizational tech auditors.
The engagement of these experts is for the purpose of developing a digital safety training manual that focuses on protecting the digital and online safety of human rights defenders and journalists. Furthermore, CARD will be able to assess selected digital threats of human rights organizations and media houses at risk after recruiting the two junior IT auditors.
3. Tasks and desirable experiences
Junior organizational IT Auditor:
- Who has a good command of using circumvention tools.
- Who has participated in online and digital safety training before.
- Who has experience working with media houses and human rights organizations.
Digital Safety Training Manual Developer and Trainer:
- Who has participated in digital safety training of trainers (ToT)
- Who can support his/her experience by providing previous work experience.
- Who has experience in providing digital security training in the past.
- Who has experience working with vulnerable groups, minorities and human rights organizations.
Interested individuals are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Letter of motivation (why the applicant wants to apply for this specific call)
Potential individuals are requested to submit all the necessary documents via firstname.lastname@example.org until April 17th, 2022.