The Ethiopian Human Rights Council (EHRCO) and Ethiopia Human Rights Project (EHRP), in collaboration with Civil Rights Defenders, organized paid Internship opportunities to emerging human rights defenders. The Internships provide individuals with valuable hands-on experience working with local human rights organizations. The Paid Internship last 4-5-months and consist of 20-hour work per week.
Interns work side by side with experienced human rights defenders to enhance the human rights efforts among human rights civil society organizations operating in Ethiopia.
The internship opportunities are competitive, and candidates will be selected through careful examination of credentials. A small pool of candidates will be invited for an interview.
Internship dates and duration
The duration for the internship program is for 4-5 months and will begin on August 01, 2019.
Purpose of the Internship Program
The internships are intended to:
- Increase the interns’ understanding of current human rights issues in Ethiopia and give them an insight into the work of their host organizations.
- Provide host organizations with the assistance and contribution of outstanding youth who are willing to enter into the human rights work in Ethiopia.
Responsibilities of Interns
Interns will be responsible for:
- Involve in the day-to-day work of hosting organization
- Researching human rights issues
- Drafting analytical reports
- Assistance with Special Projects
- And other related duties as required by the host organization
Please keep in mind that even if you meet the qualifications described below, there is no guarantee of an internship. You will be contacted directly by the Selecting Committee if you are selected.
Applicants to the internship program must at the time of application meet the following requirements:
- A strong interest in the area of human rights
- Have graduated with a university degree
- Applicants with human rights activism experience and knowledge of online social activism are preferred
- The program requires fluency in English & Amharic with additional local language skills is preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter with a resume to email@example.com
Application deadline – on July 28, 2019