Name: – Lemma Baye Gutema
Age: – 30 years old
Address: – Woserbi Kebele, Sululta town Addis Abeba surrounding zone of Oromia Regional State
Current situation– held in Qilinto prison
The reason why I am jailed: – Following the widespread public protests in Oromia region, I was suspected of taking part on the protests
Prosecutor’s official charge against me:- Federal prosecutor accused me of violating Article 7(1) of the Anti-Terrorism Proclamation (ATP) for participations in terrorism in anyway. They accused me of having contacts with outlawed political party, Oromo Liberation Front (OLF). I am now attending court hearings at the federal high court Lideta branch 19th criminal bench.
The following rights violations are committed against me in prison:-
- I was beaten up time again while I was held in Maekelawi interrogation Bureau
- Most of the time I have interrogated at nights.
- I was held in dark and cold room in Maekelawi
- They insulted me because of my religion and identity
- I was forced to confess for things I have never done
- Denying the existence of my religion (Waqee Fenaan), I was restricted from worshiping even after I was officially charged with terrorism and transferred to Qilinto prison. They told me that they only know Christianity and Islam.
I am married and I have a child. I have a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration. I think they arrested me for my works in relation with my religion. I am a follower of Waqee Fenaan religion. I serve as secretary of National Waqee Fenaan religion followers association. Besides, I am the chair of the Association in Showa [chapter]. In doing so, I have done multiple works as per my capacity. I think, the government has arrested me for doing these peaceful activities.