Name: – Kiber Alemayehu
Age: – 36 years old
Address: – Amhara Regional State, West Gojjam Zone, Mankussa
Current situation: – held in Qilinto prison
The reason why I am jailed: – I think that they have arrested me for my political participations as member of the All Ethiopian People Organization (AEPO) party.
Prosecutor’s official charge against me:– Federal prosecutor charged me of violating Article 7(1) of the Anti-Terrorism Proclamation (ATP) in which they accused me of having contacts with the outlawed Patriotic Ginbot 7 political force. I am now attending court hearings at federal high court.
The following rights violations are committed against me in prison:-
A. in Maekelawi
- I was held in a dark room incommunicado for one month.
- I was beaten so heavily. They committed torture against me that harmed my genital.
- I was denied medical treatment.
- They insulted me because of my ethnic identity.
- I was interrogated at nights.
B. in Qilinto prison
- They tied my hands and legs with cord for three consecutive days.
- I was not being visited by anyone for weeks.
- With my hands and legs tied up with a chair, they whipped my feet.
- They threatened me to kill me.
I was community organizer for AEPO party in west Gojjam. I was leading my life by trading and farming. However, government security people frequently threatened me in my locality for being member of an opposition party. Hence, I left my village and families and came to Addis Ababa and started working temporary works to support my families. However, I was then arrested in Addis Ababa and charged with terrorism.