CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR TRAINERS
CARD is a board-led, non-profit organization registered in Ethiopia under the revised Civil Societies Law 1113/2019 with registry number 4307. CARD envisions seeing a democratic Ethiopia and has a mission of echoing principles of democracy to make it the rule of the game in the country.
CARD believes in the importance of promoting human rights values at the grassroots level and for the young generation in order to mitigate inter-communal conflicts in short term and create a popular human rights movement in the medium and long term. Among these platforms is the “New Generation Human Rights Defenders” (NGHRDs) project which started implementation in 2021 with an aim of bringing up a new generation of human rights defenders from secondary schools to make human rights a popular movement among the youth.” In 2021, CARD has offered 364 high school students in Addis Ababa basics on human rights and they are now in the network of CARD’s new generation of human rights defenders.
CARD recently planned to expand this project to 20 schools (10 from Addis Ababa and 10 from four regional states’ cities) and train 400 high school students in Addis Ababa and regions on the basic principles and history of human rights, gender equality, Freedom of expression, Right to assembly and demonstration.
For this purpose, CARD is looking for 8 individual trainers to render training on basic concepts of human rights, gender equality, freedom of expression, right to assembly, and demonstration, where one trainer will be hired to provide training on one topic for a period of 20 weeks.
The purpose of hiring the training service is to have trainers who will provide a series of training to high school students.
The major activities expected from the trainers comprise:
- Give 10 pieces of training, half-day each for a period of 20 weeks on selected topics in Addis Ababa and regions for high school students on the weekdays and weekends, as required.
- Develop brief reports after each training.
Eight (One applicant can only apply for one selected topic)
Essentials and desirable experiences
- The trainer must have requisite academic qualification, preferably LLM in human rights, or equivalent experience.
- The trainer shall at least have 3 years of teaching and/or training experience in human rights.
- Previously proven work experience with a similar assignment.
- Strong analytical skills, nuanced understanding of contemporary context, and positive engagement skills.
Interested individuals are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Letter of motivation (In which topic the applicant wants to provide the training and why the applicant wants to apply for this specific call)
Potential individuals are requested to submit all the necessary documents via firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18th, 2022.
Add a review