Vacancy: Project Officer, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
CARD and NDRE are looking for a qualified and experienced Project Officer to implement a countrywide digital media literacy program for journalists and online content producers.
Center for Advancement of Rights and Democracy (CARD) is a board-led, for-not-profit organization registered in Ethiopia under the revised Civil Societies Law 1113/2019 with registry number 4307. CARD envisions seeing a democratic Ethiopia and has a mission of echoing principles of democracy to make it the rule of the game in Ethiopia. Network for Digital Rights in Ethiopia (NDRE) is a network of volunteering organizations and individuals that works to identify digital rights gaps in Ethiopia and seeks proactive solutions that advance the freedom of expression, association, and economic rights of citizens utilizing the digital space. Currently, under the legal and administrative shelter of CARD, NDRE is in process of registration as an independent organization.
The Project Manager to be hired is expected to implement a project jointly in implementation by CARD and NDRE with the goal of raising the capacity of journalists and online content producers on digital literacy to protect human rights.
Date of Issue: 28 December 2020
Functions: Project Officer
Deadline for Applications: 01 January 2021
Duration of Contract: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term Appointment
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Salary: to be negotiated
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of CARD’s Program Director, the Project Officer will be responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of the implementation and reporting of this project. The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Implement and deliver all project outcomes on time, within budget, and of high standards and quality.
- Develop detailed project action plans for the implementation of all activities under the project.
- Prepare terms of reference for short-term consultants and manage and coordinate their activities to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Work to complete the registration process for NDRE
- Core Competencies: effective leadership and communication; effective planning and hosting of public events; ability to learn and adapt; commitment to deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Essential Functional Competencies: an in-depth understanding of human rights, political contexts, safety and security needs of target groups, and the ability to form networks and partnerships.
- Essential Technical Competencies: extensive knowledge of project cycle management, good skills in digital communication, and a basic understanding of digital rights and technological factors.
Education: an accredited university degree in management or equivalent.
Experience: Four years of project management experience (experience in NGOs is appreciated)
Languages: Good command of the English language and one other local language Selected applicants will be contacted via email, and then will be directly contacted for interviews. Applicants are expected to send a cover letter and resume via email@example.com before the 1st of January 2021. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add a review