Call for Applicants: we are looking to hire an Advocacy and Communications Manager
The Center for the Advancement of Rights and Democracy (CARD) is a board-led, non-profit organization registered in Ethiopia under the Civil Societies Law 1113/2019 with registry number 4307. CARD acquired its legal personality on 24 July 2019.
CARD aspires to see Ethiopia where democratic culture flourishes on human rights values. It has been working with a mission to empower citizens and groups of citizens to ensure their ability to promote and defend human rights and build democratic governance in Ethiopia.
CARD is looking to fill a vacant place for the Advocacy and Communications Manager (ACM) to help the Center effectively lead its advocacy and communications activities.
The role of the ACM is to ensure high-quality outreach and public engagement of CARD's works and advocacy goals targeting our beneficiary groups, partner organizations, policymakers, etc.
- Design and/or update advocacy and communications strategy and plan for CARD in collaboration with the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Prepare an annual advocacy plan and ensure that resources are allocated accordingly by independently designing projects or ensuring advocacy components are included in different projects.
- Lead CARD's advocacy and communications-related projects or project activities fully while cooperating with the program team for advocacy activities existing in different programs
- Introduce new advocacy and communications strategies tools during project designs and implementations.
- Follow different rights and democracy-related developments and ensure that CARD conducts active advocacy work in accordance with its advocacy strategy.
- Coordinate advocacy efforts with other like-minded organizations, recommend tools, and ensure CARD's leadership in its areas of focus
- Supervise the monitoring and advocacy teams of CARD,
- Ensure the timely and quality internal and external communications of CARD's activities in all proper platforms.
- Bachelor's degree and six years of work experience or master’s degree and four years of work experience in any social science field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the communications field, preferably for a non-profit advocacy organization.
- Demonstrable commitment to human rights values and democratic principles.
- Demonstrable analysis skills and contextual understanding of Ethiopia's sociopolitical situation.
- Demonstrable skill in social media use.
- Team player and ready to adapt and learn
- Excellent command of Amharic and English languages, an additional proficiency in the local language is a plus.
How to Apply
Please send your application until 28 May 2023 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- Attach a cover letter and resume; please do not attach academic and work credentials- shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit them later on
- On the subject of your email application, please write the position you are applying for
- In your cover letter, please clearly state your work experience, why you believe qualify for the position, and your interest in working on rights issues
- The ability to follow instructions is one of shortlisting criteria; please follow the instruction above, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
NOTE: CARD is a rights-based organization that works on rights and democracy; applicants with an interest to contribute to the betterment of rights and democratization in Ethiopia are highly encouraged to apply. Women applicants will be given special priority.
Add a review